[MPlayer-users] (S)MP hack(s) for mplayer

Jiri Svoboda jiri.svoboda at seznam.cz
Thu Oct 11 12:40:25 CEST 2001

Yes, I think this helps - this is the way how the vo_fbdev is hacked.
Maybe also YUV->RGB conversion should be redirected to second thread.
Conversion could be done indepedently on blit time -> less memory as there
is no need
for big buffers, just only one fullsize for actual frame to display and 1 or
2 smaller (YUV).

> But I'm not planning to split audio and video to 2 processes. It messes up
> current A-V sync and the whole demuxer stuff. As you said - it
> requires new
> design of mplayer core - what i don't want.
Yes I agree. Adventages are not bigger then the "price". And there is lot to
do in the other areas.
Just for comment:The changes are not so big. If You looked in hacked
mplayer.c there is just putting start
video dec (telling video dec thread to decode) before audio decoding and go
as it is now,
but instead of video decoding is sleep/wait for decoded frame from video
thread.

Question about MJPEG

I would like to try write MJPEG (means hw mjpeg decoding via v4l) module for
mplayer.
This could be done in two ways as video decoder or video out driver.
I prefer second way, but this requires some type of null=bypass decoder
module, which
simply passses through frame to videooutdriver - is there a such one (I
assume null decoder does nothing
- will not serve me data).
Second problem is that playing via hw mjpeg is normally video
synchronised -> I must specify framerate
and is good to serve more than one frame. I must check this.
Are You interested in this vo driver?

		JS