[MPlayer-users] .mpg files????

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun Oct 14 14:30:24 CEST 2001

Hi,

> Then I realized what is problem - I put "vc=odivx" in mplayer.conf :-)
> So mplayer tried to decode mpeg file with odivx, and it failed.

ah, yes...

it didn't find 0x10000001 in odivx codec description...

btw, we should rework error/warning messaging around codecs.
as user can force codec family or single codec, the messages printed
are sometimes bad. also, codecs.conf has 'status' field which should
be used for messages: if user selected a 'crashing' codecs, then warn
him to it will crash and it's known problem...

we should solve codecs priorities, and -vo/-ao selection for codecs.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu