[MPlayer-users] Mplayer 0.50 still slow on a AMD K7 at 900Mhz

Gael PEGLIASCO gael.pegliasco at e-concepts.fr
Mon Oct 15 10:00:07 CEST 2001

Hello,

Thanks to every ones for your help.

I've checked my configuration this week, my linux station is at home.

I'm using a quite old debian testing distribution (my mirror is old at
least two weeks)

I've got kernel 2.2.19 compiled for i386

I've got xfree 4.03

MTRR seems to be OK.

SSE is not recognised by mplayer, should it be with a k7 ? I think it is
only supported with kernel 2.4.x ?

Xvideo mode does not works with open source driver, the documentation
says I've got to download nvidia's drivers.

Actually I can see avi file in 800x600 using x11 driver, sdl is too
slow.

I've tried a dvd, but it is too slow to.

It's seems I should first install new xfree 4.1 and kernel 2.4.12 and
see if things are better, then install nvidia's drivers.

Gael,