[MPlayer-users] dangerous mplayer

Felix von Leitner leitner at convergence.de
Mon Oct 29 16:16:27 CET 2001

Thus spake Arpi (arpi at thot.banki.hu):
> hehe. if you're back, what about telling us about your 2-pass divx4
> encoder in transcode?

Well, I recently encoded the Snatch DVD 2-pass to divx4 with transcode.

> i'm implementing mencoder, an *.* -> divx4+vbrmp3 encoder...

Please don't do that.  Please allow people like me to encode audio
separately.  A working AVI de/multiplexer would be a good thing to have,
for example.

Also, I want to have the choice to use ogg vorbis, too.

I don't think it's wise to duplicate effort.  Why not optimize
transcode, it has already progressed quite far.  And it could use a
little more optimization ;)

Felix