[MPlayer-users] dangerous mplayer

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Oct 29 16:20:40 CET 2001

Hi,

> Thus spake Arpi (arpi at thot.banki.hu):
> > hehe. if you're back, what about telling us about your 2-pass divx4
> > encoder in transcode?
>
> Well, I recently encoded the Snatch DVD 2-pass to divx4 with transcode.
>
> > i'm implementing mencoder, an *.* -> divx4+vbrmp3 encoder...
>
> Please don't do that.  Please allow people like me to encode audio
> separately.  A working AVI de/multiplexer would be a good thing to have,
> for example.
it will allow coding from different files, including stream copy.

> Also, I want to have the choice to use ogg vorbis, too.
ogg support is planned, too.

> I don't think it's wise to duplicate effort.  Why not optimize
> transcode, it has already progressed quite far.  And it could use a
> little more optimization ;)
i've checked transcode first. it's interesting, but it's a big mess.

we want to keep mplayer's demuxers, decoders and filters, and extend it
with encoding ability. (replacing old vo_odivx hack)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu