[MPlayer-users] dangerous mplayer

Felix von Leitner leitner at convergence.de
Mon Oct 29 17:48:54 CET 2001

Thus spake Arpi (arpi at thot.banki.hu):
> we want to keep mplayer's demuxers, decoders and filters, and extend it
> with encoding ability. (replacing old vo_odivx hack)

By the way: I have problems with mplayers demuxer on some AVIs.
mplayer says that there was a buffer overrun looking for audio data or
something to that effect.  And I still have problems where skipping
forward will make the audio lose synchronization.

Yes, the latter one can be corrected by some lesser known command line
switches, but remember that converting an AVI can take up to a day on
slower hardware, and you will see sync problems only after the encode is
done.  So this has to work out of the box without tweaks or obscure
settings!

Felix