[Mplayer-users] Re: Mplayer-users digest, Vol 1 #382 - 5 msgs

Tomek Jarzynka tomee at cpi.pl
Sat Sep 1 21:47:39 CEST 2001

On Saturday 01 September 2001 21:21, you wrote:
> > Ok. First one: I am _not_ a lameass ;]
> But you can't read, I'm sure.
> Read the docs, especially the parts about DGA and bugreporting.
> In short: RTFM.

Mplayer DGA docs were of no help actually.
I chose the wrong track, I should have grepped the archive more
carefully and check with XFree before posting.
Now I know that all neomagic chipsets have broken DGA support,
it is somewhat "scheduled" to be fixed, nobody knows when.
It is said that 4.0.1 is the last working release, so I might
check on that.

> no video problems are coming from gcc 2.96 (and some 3.x too from
> redhat/mdk).

I use 2.95.2 on my laptop.

--
Tomasz Jarzynka, tomee@{slackware|cpi}.pl 0601706601

"Standards are industry's way of codifying obsolescence."