[Mplayer-users] Re: DGA trouble

Felix von Leitner leitner at convergence.de
Sat Sep 1 22:23:39 CEST 2001

Thus spake Attila Kinali (kinali at gmx.net):
> Watching movies on a laptop isn't a good idea unless you have
> a fast (and expensive) one and those have an ati card that.
> With a cheap one (containing a neomagic chipset) just forget it.

For the record, my expensive notebook has an nvidia chipset (geforce
2go), which I bought almost exclusively to be able to watch movies with
it using mplayer, because I know that the rivafb and X drivers work just
fine with regular geforce boards.  Well, on 2go rivafb does not detect
the hardware and the binary X driver does have a working xv extension.
Which currently means I'm limited to DGA as output driver.

Felix