[Mplayer-users] Re: DGA trouble

Anssi Saari as at sci.fi
Sun Sep 2 14:30:17 CEST 2001

On Sat, Sep 01, 2001 at 10:23:39PM +0200, Felix von Leitner wrote:

> For the record, my expensive notebook has an nvidia chipset (geforce
> 2go), which I bought almost exclusively to be able to watch movies with
> it using mplayer, because I know that the rivafb and X drivers work just
> fine with regular geforce boards.  Well, on 2go rivafb does not detect
> the hardware and the binary X driver does have a working xv extension.
> Which currently means I'm limited to DGA as output driver.

Uh, how does this follow? Is the binary X driver so evil you can't use
it, even for xv?  Or does it not work with 2go? What about the nv driver
from XFree86 4.1.0, it has xv that works at least with my GF2MX?  I really
want to know as I might be changing to a job with a laptop as one of the
perks... Any experience on ATI's mobile chips, do they have working xv?