[Mplayer-users] Re: DGA trouble

Attila Kinali kinali at gmx.net
Sun Sep 2 14:48:36 CEST 2001

On Sun, 2 Sep 2001 15:30:17 +0300 Anssi Saari <as at sci.fi> wrote:

> Uh, how does this follow? Is the binary X driver so evil you can't use
> it, even for xv?  Or does it not work with 2go? What about the nv driver
> >from XFree86 4.1.0, it has xv that works at least with my GF2MX?  I really
> want to know as I might be changing to a job with a laptop as one of the
> perks... Any experience on ATI's mobile chips, do they have working xv?

Mompls... this is getting annoying.
Ok, here to close this thread:

Notebooks are always slower than a PC with same configuration.
All is depending on a good CPU, fast chipset and a fast graphics card
(ie as on a desktop too)
NeoMagic graphics cards suck, they are slow and not well supported.
ATI is much better, some of those in notebooks are Mach64 based
and can get working Xv with the GATOS drivers, others are based
on Rage 128, they should work with the drivers of XF86
(could never really test).

I dont tested any other graphics cards beside those, so they may have
good support.

			Attila Kinali

PS: You wont find any notebook with a Matrox card :-(
--
Man who sink into womans arms soon have arms in womans sink.