[Mplayer-users] Mplayer compile success

Aaron Newsome anewsome at anewsome.com
Wed Sep 5 08:27:24 CEST 2001

Well after all the great help from the guys on the list I got mplayer
compiled and it actually played a few seconds of a Divx encoded movie i
ripped and encoded under Windows.

The GCC upgrade was a real pain. Attempt RPM install, download, attempt,
download, repeat. The full list of packages I had to upgrade look like
this:

gcc-2.96-97.i386.rpm
binutils-2.11.90.0.8-7.i386.rpm
cpp-2.96-97.i386.rpm
glibc-2.2.4-8.i386.rpm
glibc-devel-2.2.4-8.i386.rpm
glibc-common-2.2.4-8.i386.rpm
gcc-c++-2.96-97.i386.rpm
gcc-g77-2.96-97.i386.rpm
gcc-objc-2.96-97.i386.rpm
nasm-0.98-8.i386.rpm

That's a lot of packages. I owe all the success to these guys:

Tomi Ollila
Balazs Lengyak
Otvos Ferenc
Steve Stavropoulos

Thanks everyone for their help. Now on to harder things,.. trying to get the framebuffer and Matorx TV out working.

Thanks again, Aaron Newsome