[Mplayer-users] DEMUXER: Too many (33 in 8447982 bytes) audio packets in the buffer!

Patrick Lane patrick.m.lane at csun.edu
Sun Sep 9 10:22:38 CEST 2001

Every time I try to play my one and only divx avi, I get this message
after a couple minutes of play:

DEMUXER: Too many (33 in 8447982 bytes) audio packets in the buffer!
(maybe you play a non-interleaved stream/file or the codec failed)

Exiting... (End of file)

I currently have the CVS version of mplayer, but it has happened on all
versions I've tried. Has anyone else encountered this problem? I have
both divx4linux and opendivx available. -vc divx4 and -vc odvix both
result in the same error. Thanks for any help...

--Patrick