[Mplayer-users] Do you fix bugs or just RTFM

Ivan Kalvatchev iive at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 17 02:54:58 CEST 2001

I am very disappointed from Mplayer developer team.
I like a lot mplayer, it works, it playies fine. It's
quick.
There are just some little problems, i have reported
three.
None of them is fixed.
The first was Mpeg2-interlace. The answer I've got was
"when vo2 is ready". Bull shit. The problem is that
somebody has messed things up while adding
postprocessing in mpeg2dec. Video Out is OK.
The second one was for ugly resizeing in vo_sdl.
Result - NoFix. One week after report i send patch
(three times). Result NONE. Not even mail with "stop
spamming".
The third and the easiest one. Just 1 line in
codecs.conf is wrong and DivX4 movies won't run with
FFmpeg. Result ABSOLUTLE NOTHING. Is it so hard to
change one line or you just you don't care.