[Mplayer-users] RE: Do you fix bugs or just RTFM

Ivan Kalvatchev iive at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 17 06:15:41 CEST 2001

1. I really want to help. That's why i scream so loud.
2. About mpeg2. I think that working slow is better
than not working. In all case i will try to fix it.
Oh, i have and idea for odd/even drawing. But i have
to make some test.
3. codecs.conf. It is not even a patch, just find
"videocodec ffodivx". The wrong line is "dll opendivx"
,  the right is "dll mpeg4".
4. Sorry but RTFM is not a panacea. You may have
writen the manual right but some persons with poor
english like me may think something different. When
you say keep low traffic this is order for me. When
you say that it is for developers I mean that it is
for developers that have CVS access. I don't want to
mess with the big boys. So pleace don't make me "read
between lines", say it in a plain text.
And this is my first patch i have send. How would you
like patches to be send - in tgz as attachment or in
mail body? Write and this to TFM.

5.If you want to keep low level of RTFM answers you
must point irc channel where the users could meet each
other and help each other. That is a usual case: when
somebody ask a question the others start to read the
manual to answer him/her.

6. There is one advice in TFM i don't like. I have
S3VirgeDX and i can watch DVD on it. It supports YUV
overlays and don't have any problems with it. So
pleace remove the advice from video.html in chapter
2.2.1.2.2. ( yes it is slow, but it works )

Regards
  Ivan Kalvachev