[Mplayer-users] editing?

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Fri Sep 21 01:36:09 CEST 2001

Hi,

> I don't know why you (developers) spend so much time with that gui stuff, who
> needs gui? Mplayer has perfect keyboard interface, and big set of command line
> options, why should I use gui?
You don't have to use it. It's optional.
I also don't like guis, but most of users want it (>>50%), and also our
sponsor (who donated mphq server, domain, dvd drives etc) need it.

> My question is - are you going to put any editing features to mplayer? If no -
not planned.

> do you know any _working_ video editing tool, except qtrecompress from avifile?
wait. qtrecompress isn't editor. it's converter, like virtualdub.

> I tried Broadcast2000, but it was strange, didn't work, and it's dead, now.
i also tried, and seemed to be usable. byw it isn't dead, just project name
changed after a big rewrite. check their homepage...

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu