[Mplayer-users] editing?

Jacek Popławski jpopl at interia.pl
Fri Sep 21 05:54:43 CEST 2001

On Thu, Sep 20, 2001 at 09:15:51PM -0400, Robinson, Chad wrote:
> As an MPlayer user, my 2c: I wouldn't want editing features in the program.
> It works well for what it does, and I'm for the philosophy of having
> separate programs that do single tasks well. Editing should be reserved for
> a separate program; why re-invent the wheel?

Well.. I didn't mean editing features in _player_, I mean another application
which share some code with mplayer. Then another app for encode, convert,
capture...

> VirtualDub is special - it's much more than a simple converter, and a bit
> less than a full editing package.

I understand, but can you point me to anything working except
qtrecompres/avirecompress which is still in early stage (but usable!) ?
Maybe there is any non-interactive video editor/converter for lInux?

--
I love the night  So many shadows
Unholy light