[Mplayer-users] Feature Request: [VCDImager] (S)VCD PBC reader

Leandro Lucarella luca at lucarella.com.ar
Sun Sep 23 01:33:20 CEST 2001

El Sun, 23 Sep 2001 00:36:03 +0200 (CEST) Arpi <arpi at thot.banki.hu> escribió:

A> Hi,
A>
A> > I don't know if I ask for too much... (I'm sure I do :) Read below.
A>
A> If you tell me what the hell is it, I may can add support to it...
A> upload sample files to ftp, i'll check.

PBC is PlayBack Controll. Is the way that VCD 2.0/SVCD 1.0 use to display
menues and do a lot of other stuff...
A (really) complete documentation is in
http://www.gnu.org/software/vcdimager/

Basically, you "link" player buttons (like play, ff, rew and stop) to make
some actions (show a movie, play an audio track, show another menu, etc).
Just like DVD menues...

A> btw, cdrwin's .bin/.cue stuff is already supported.
A> just try: mplayer akarmi.bin

Mmmm, it doesn't work for me. I don't know if I'm using it right:
$ mplayer -vcd 1 videocd.bin

MPlayer CVS-010913-11:20(C) 2000-2001 Arpad Gereoffy (see DOCS/AUTHORS)

Reading /home/luca/.mplayer/codecs.conf: 15 audio & 37 video codecs
Font /home/luca/.mplayer/font/font.desc loaded successfully! (495 chars)
Playing videocd.bin
read CDROM toc header: : Inappropriate ioctl for device
read CDROM toc header: : Inappropriate ioctl for device
Error selecting VCD track! (get)

Exiting... (End of file)

A> > I think Still images MPEG streams support wold be great too...

I don't know what exactly are still image MPEG streams... Is like a video
but with just only an image (to make the menues). More info in VCDImager
home page and in VCD specs...

--
LUCA - Leandro Lucarella
luca at lucarella.com.ar