[Mplayer-users] Feature Request: [VCDImager] (S)VCD PBC reader

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun Sep 23 01:37:52 CEST 2001

Hi,

> A> > I don't know if I ask for too much... (I'm sure I do :) Read below.
> A>
> A> If you tell me what the hell is it, I may can add support to it...
> A> upload sample files to ftp, i'll check.
>
> PBC is PlayBack Controll. Is the way that VCD 2.0/SVCD 1.0 use to display
> menues and do a lot of other stuff...
> A (really) complete documentation is in
> http://www.gnu.org/software/vcdimager/

Ah. DVD menues aren't supported, and it isn't planned in the near future.
Nor VCD menues, which is unused, at least I've never seen such disks...

> Basically, you "link" player buttons (like play, ff, rew and stop) to make
> some actions (show a movie, play an audio track, show another menu, etc).
> Just like DVD menues...
And what is it good for???

> A> btw, cdrwin's .bin/.cue stuff is already supported.
> A> just try: mplayer akarmi.bin

> Mmmm, it doesn't work for me. I don't know if I'm using it right:
> $ mplayer -vcd 1 videocd.bin

try without -vcd switch. it means direct disk device access.
you can play .bin files like .vob files on dvd.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu