[Mplayer-users] gcc version for RedHat7.1 a little "off topic"

Steve Stavropoulos steve at math.upatras.gr
Mon Sep 24 11:40:01 CEST 2001

On Mon, 24 Sep 2001, ForeveR wrote:

> 2. Can somebody send me the link to some working with RedHat7.1 version
> of gcc?

ftp://mirror.ac.uk/sites/ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/rawhide/i386/RedHat/RPMS

and download the latest gcc 2.96 and gcc 3. You will also have to download
from there and other packages (most notably glibc) as well which you will
find when you try to upgrade your gcc. (DON'T upgrade with --nodeps)

> 3. What should I recompile than to be sure that system is working with
> full functionality?

 My system works just fine (RH 7.1) and the only thing I have compiled
with gcc3 is mplayer (mplayer is working fine with the latest gcc 2.96
too).

check the archives of the list for more info on gcc3 and RedHat...