[Mplayer-users] gcc version for RedHat7.1 a little "off topic"

ForeveR forever at klub.chip.pl
Wed Sep 26 09:42:37 CEST 2001

Steve Stavropoulos wrote:

> and download the latest gcc 2.96 and gcc 3. You will also have to download
> from there and other packages (most notably glibc) as well which you will
> find when you try to upgrade your gcc. (DON'T upgrade with --nodeps)
>
> > 3. What should I recompile than to be sure that system is working with
> > full functionality?
> >

>  My system works just fine (RH 7.1) and the only thing I have compiled
> with gcc3 is mplayer (mplayer is working fine with the latest gcc 2.96
> too).

OK. UPGRADED. The only problem I have is that after recompilation of
XFree it does not work. Actually compilation and instalation works but
the start of X fails with some unresolved symbols in bitmap module!?:)
Anyway, Could You please (if You have a time of course) explain me what
is wrong with the standard RedHat gcc? and what is this "rawhide" - some
kind of release?

Thanks in advance for response:)
--
_4ever_