[Mplayer-users] Mandrake 8.1...

Tobias Andersson tanmasda at babbage.msi.vxu.se
Sat Sep 29 22:49:37 CEST 2001

Greetings,

I have just read through the mailing list about anything about Mandrake
8.1 and mplayer. With the risk of being shut (or something similar) I ask
if anyone has been able to compile mplayer on Mandrake 8.1 out of the box?
I can't get a straight answer from looking back on the mailing list
discussions. I get through ./configure with gcc 3.0.1, it doesn't find
libXext.a or DivX4Linux, but it runs through.

When I try make, it dies with:

In file included from mplayer.c:141:
stheader.h:14: parse error before "ogg_sync_state"
stheader.h:14: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or union
stheader.h:15: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
stheader.h:17: parse error before "og"
stheader.h:17: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
stheader.h:18: parse error before "op"
stheader.h:18: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
stheader.h:23: parse error before "vd"
stheader.h:23: conflicting types for `vd'
/usr/include/vorbis/codec.h:102: previous declaration of `vd'
stheader.h:23: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
stheader.h:24: parse error before "vb"
stheader.h:24: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
stheader.h:25: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
stheader.h:62: parse error before "ov_struct_t"
stheader.h:62: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or union
stheader.h:64: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
stheader.h:91: parse error before '*' token
stheader.h:91: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
mplayer.c:387: parse error before '*' token
mplayer.c:388: parse error before '*' token
mplayer.c:389: parse error before '*' token
mplayer.c:390: parse error before '*' token
mplayer.c: In function `main':
mplayer.c:445: syntax error before '*' token
mplayer.c:671: `sh_audio' undeclared (first use in this function)
mplayer.c:671: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
mplayer.c:671: for each function it appears in.)
make: *** [mplayer.o] Error 1

Am I missing something? Also, this is my system:
Linux: Mandrake 8.1
Kernel: 2.4.8-26mdk
libc: libc-2.2.4
X: 4.1.0
gcc: 3.0.1
ld: 2.11.90.0.8
binutils: 2.11.90.0.8

I _have_ rtfm and I _have_ looked through the mailing list, but I can't
find a good answer. Please help...

Shine on you crazy diamond

/Tobias

Tobias Andersson
School of Mathematics and Systems Engineering
Växjö University
SE-351 95 Växjö
SWEDEN
Telephone: +46 470 708115