[Mplayer-users] Mandrake 8.1...

Renaud MICHEL r.michel at planetinternet.be
Sat Sep 29 23:15:39 CEST 2001

Le Samedi 29 Septembre 2001 22:49, vous avez écrit :
> I have just read through the mailing list about anything about Mandrake
> 8.1 and mplayer. With the risk of being shut (or something similar) I ask
> if anyone has been able to compile mplayer on Mandrake 8.1 out of the box?
> I can't get a straight answer from looking back on the mailing list
> discussions. I get through ./configure with gcc 3.0.1, it doesn't find
> libXext.a or DivX4Linux, but it runs through.
>
> Am I missing something? Also, this is my system:
> Linux: Mandrake 8.1
> Kernel: 2.4.8-26mdk
> libc: libc-2.2.4
> X: 4.1.0
> gcc: 3.0.1
> ld: 2.11.90.0.8
> binutils: 2.11.90.0.8

I just compiled today's cvs version of mplayer on a mandrake 8.1 and have no
problem, but it is not an out of the box mandrake 8.1 as I upgraded from 8.0
(wich was itself an upgrade from 7.2) and I didn't installed gcc3 but used
the gcc 2.96 that was already avaible with 8.0 (and that already worked)

--
Je crois en Dieu parce que je crois en les hommes.
Robert Hossein

Renaud MICHEL