[MPlayer-users] Re: Questions/problems with recent MPlayer

Alexey Morozov morozov at novosoft.ru
Tue Apr 2 10:16:01 CEST 2002

В Втр, 02.04.2002, в 01:56, Anssi Saari написал:
> Does it, now? I notice Arpi mentioned on 25th
> (http://mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-users/2002-March/012508.html)
> that postprocessing is disabled for ffmpeg codecs and indeed mplayer
> seems to use the same amount of CPU and produce the same kind of picture
> when using ffmpeg, regardless of whether I use -pp or not.
> I have some crappy divxes with not enough bitrate and they look like shit
> (mosaic) with ffmpeg, but -vfm 4 -pp 2 is a lot better as it smooths
> the mosaic borders.
You're right. Just checked my built (20020331) on a such movie :-(( ...
Is there any hope to get ffmpeg postprocessing back? CPU load on windows
codecs are too high for my home K6-2/400MHz :-(. BTW, divx5
postporcessing seems to be missing too...

> BTW, interesting that mplayer manpage says postprocessing doesn't work
> for Win32 codecs...
yes. I even didn't try it before reading your mail. Trusted the FM too
much :-)