[MPlayer-users] video streams

Felix Buenemann atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Apr 5 16:41:02 CEST 2002

On Friday 05 April 2002 13:00, Michal Seliga wrote:
> sorry for offtopic
>
> I have found site with good videos, but thay are all streamed.
> I have no internet access at home, and at work I have only windows...
>
> is it possible (in windoze) to save video streams to disk and watch them
> later? (of course I cannot spend all day watching video specially when my
> access is too slow...)
>
> or is it possible to compile mencoder for windows (I have cygwin) somehow
> to use its feature -ovc copy -oac copy?

I'm not sure if mplayer win32 supports streaming yet, but if yes you could do
mplayer.exe some://url -dumpstream, which will dump the whole stream to a
file called stream.dump, after that just rename to original filename.
Btw compiling mplayer in cygwin without sdl output should be pretty much
painless.

--
Best Regards,
        Atmos