[MPlayer-users] Vidix Video out with ATI Chip

Luke Harrison luke at vv.carleton.ca
Thu Apr 11 23:01:06 CEST 2002

On Thu, 11 Apr 2002 16:14:50 -0400
"John L. Clark" <jlc6 at po.cwru.edu> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 11, 2002 at 12:22:04AM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > dunno vidix is nicks stuff, i just fixed some bugs in the mach64 driver &
> > improved it
> >
> > could u send lspci -nv output, this i pretty strange as it should recognize
> > ur card
> > and send mplayer -v -vo xvidix ... output (complete not only 3 lines)
> >
> > [...]
>
> You bet.  See attached.  All run as root.
>
> Take care,
>
> 	John

Hey guy, maybe you should read the output.... I mean the answer is fairly obvious if you can read English.
I wanna quote sometihng from the FM..

"
Q:  I compiled MPlayer with libdvdcss/libdivxdecore support, but when I try to start it, it says: error while loading shared libraries: lib*.so.0: cannot load shared object file: No such file or directory

I checked the file and it is there in /usr/local/lib.

A: What are you doing on Linux? Can't you install a library? Why do we get these questions? It's not MPlayer specific at all! Add /usr/local/lib to /etc/ld.so.conf and run ldconfig. Or install it to /usr/lib, because if you can't solve the /usr/local problem, you are careless enough to do such things.
"

At least... It used to be in the TFM  :P

--
Luke Harrison
luke at vv.carleton.ca