[MPlayer-users] ogg... was converting wma to mp3

Goetz Waschk waschk at informatik.uni-rostock.de
Fri Apr 12 17:47:02 CEST 2002

Am Freitag, 12. April 2002, 16:54:26 Uhr MET, schrieb gabor farkas:
> gabucino told me that i didn't rtfm so i couldn't find the info about
> ogg being slower
> now my reply :-) :

> i tried mpg123 vs. ogg123 and watching top... i know it's not really a
> precise measuring system :-)

> mpg123....0.2  -  0.7% processor-time
> ogg123... 0.3  -  1.5% processor-time
>
> so yes, ogg123 is slower ( but 5 times ? )
Hi,

maybe it's a better test to write a mp3 and an ogg file as a wave file and
measure the time it takes:
time mpg123 -w test.wav test.mp3

and something similar with ogg123

CU

--
   Götz Waschk <> student of computer science  <> university Rostock
 http://wwwstud.informatik.uni-rostock.de/~waschk/waschk.asc for PGP key