[MPlayer-users] 12 thoughts about MPlayer

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun Apr 14 01:46:01 CEST 2002

> > > I followed the Matrox-TVOUT-HOWTO-0.1.txt HOWTO on what to enable in the
> > what the heck is it?
> Just checked it.. They didn't read mplayer docs :)
no wonder:

* the xine and vlc team, for making a pretty good open-source DVD app

:)

> http://davedina.apestaart.org/download/doc/HOWTO/Matrox-TVOUT-HOWTO-0.1.txt

Basically, you have two options to get TV/out working.  Both require at
least
XFree 3.3 (FIXME: check this) and I recommend you get one of the newer
The first option is to get the mga.o and mga_hal.o drivers from the matrox
website (http://mga.matrox.com).  This will allow you to configure XFree in

hehe :)  he'll never get mga_hal running under X 3.3

and he not even mention that hw yuv scaling is possible on TV, just needs
some more tweaking :)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team