[MPlayer-users] Re: XviD support fading out?

Ralph Slooten ralph at delrom.ro
Sun Apr 14 22:57:01 CEST 2002

So what would be your advise regarding encoding/re-encoding DivX films in
the future ~ libavicodec ? I need something to work on here, as I like to
make scripts to make my life easier and so on. There is always the
divx4linux, however it seems to me that it is so outdated it should be
forgotten, and that libavcodec/xvidcore seem to have picked up where it
left off.

So I'm guessing that the libavcodec would be the right choice, or do you
have any other suggestions?

Oh, and btw: any idea how encoding speeds and quality compare with xvidcore
and libavcodec?

Greetings
Ralph

--