[MPlayer-users] Too many .jpg files?

Sam Thompson samuelt at caltech.edu
Mon Apr 22 11:31:02 CEST 2002

I have a collection of about 11,000 jpegs that I've rendered. I'd like to use mencoder to create a divx4 of these images, but I am having trouble getting mencoder to acknowledge this many files, I believe that the list is too long for mencoder. My shell complains with 'Argument list too long'.

Is there some simple solution to this problem? Is there a way to use a text list of the jpegs to encode, rather than a list at the command prompt? I've tried the manpages/documentation, but they seem to neglect this possibility, at least for mencoder.

Thanks,
Sam