[MPlayer-users] hwac3, DXR3 and DD decoder

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Apr 22 14:15:02 CEST 2002

Hi,

> The quick solution I found in order to use new version of MPlayer with my DD
> decoder is this modification:
> - in the file libmpcodecs/ad_hwac3.c in the preinit function I changed the l
> ine
> sh->channels=2 with sh->channels=1 and before the end of the function I adde
> the line sh->sample_format = AFMT_AC3;
>
> I don't had many to test this modification but it seems to work.

hmm. isn't sh->sample_format = AFMT_AC3 enough?
the sh->channels=2 -> 1 change will break a-v sync code unless you change
samplesize 2->4 at the same time...

imho we should add a switch or even better: autodetect support of AFMT_AC3
as not all card driver supports it but it seems that drivers supporting it
doesn't work without it...

so, please try if only changing sh->sample_format = AFMT_AC3  is enough!

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team