[MPlayer-users] Re: GTK bug problem solved? YES IT IS!!

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Apr 29 18:32:02 CEST 2002

Hi,

> > Ok I figured it out .... I tried installing ONLY glib and gtk, so i
> > moved my local to local.old and started fresh compiling mplayer only
> > with --enable-gui and let autodetect do it all for me.. to my suprise
> > it worked .. so now to find out what program was causing all this
> > crap, so I moved my local.old back to local and did a quick make
> > install ... it still worked ... now that was odd. I dit the same
> > ./configure --enable-gui and installed .. still worked. So it had to
> > be one of the configure options. rather quickly i found out that,
> > --disable-mencoder is the bad guy. So if you want to use the GUI, do
> > NOT disable mencoder.
>
> Yes it also works for me now :) Thanks!

huh
i've just reproduced it!
thanks a lot, you've found the bug!

i've never thought that disabling mencoder could use such things :)
and still cannot imagine how, but we'll check the code now

it also explains why was I unable to reproduce it on 100% same system as one
user reporting it.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team