[MPlayer-users] problem with colors/luminance in mga_vid G400

Thomas Malt tm at false.linpro.no
Thu Aug 1 16:40:02 CEST 2002

Hi, I don't know if I'm able do describe my problem accurate enough,
or if there is a fix, but here goes:

When playing video through mga_vid I find that "bright" colors are way
to bright, and pictures with a dominance of white in them loose almost
all contrast. Colors fade/bleach to white, and afaik it is not adjustable
through settings in mplayer (-contrast, -brightness,
-<color>_intensity etc.) or through module interface (echo
"contrast=60" > /dev/mga_vid etc.)

This is frustrating since the mga_vid module generally works so
flawlessly. Are there any known solution for this, Have other
people had this problem? Any hints or help would be appreciated.

Thomas
--
               Thomas Malt, http://www.malt.no | Ingen gris kom til skada
    If you really need to call: +47 977 48 504 | under innspelningen!