[MPlayer-users] mplayer cvs breaks with faad cvs

Felix von Leitner felix-mplayer at fefe.de
Wed Aug 7 23:44:02 CEST 2002

I just wanted to view some .mov files I got off Usenet and found that I
need to compile FAAD to get sound, so I downloaded and installed the CVS
version.  To my dismay I found that their rotten installation procedure
does not bother to install the faad.h header file, but that should not
be our concern here.

Anyway, mplayer's faad support does not work with the CVS version.
I hacked up a small patch, you can find it at

  http://www.fefe.de/mplayer-faad-cvs.diff.gz

The diff should still work with current faad although I have no way of
actually testing this.  I think the file was created using QuickTime 6
but I don't know and I haven't actually been able to watch the movie, so
beware, it might be an animation of the guy at goatse.cx or something
from rotten.com.

Please note that my file still does not work.  I do get some sound but
the video is garbage and mplayer stops after half a second with "end of
file", which I find to be highly suspect for a >3 meg MPEG 4 file.  I'll
upload the file to incoming, maybe you'll know how to fix it.

Felix