[MPlayer-users] Re: divx with 2 audio streams

Rémi Guyomarch rguyom at pobox.com
Wed Aug 7 23:58:01 CEST 2002

On Wed, Aug 07, 2002 at 06:55:10PM +0200, Georg Prager wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Is it possible to encode a divx with 2 audio streams with mencoder? I don't
> find anything in the docs.
> If it's impossible at this time, is it on the todo list?

2 multi-platforms solutions :

1) with the help of transcode (*)
Encode the video with mencoder (use -nosound).
Use transcode to encode all audio streams you want. (**)
Use avimerge (included in transcode) to mux video and audio streams.
Play the resulting .avi with your favorite player

or

2) with ogg streams
Encode the video with mencoder (use -nosound).
Use mplayer + oggenc (*) to encode audio streams (***)
Use ogmmerge / ogmtools (*) to mux the streams
Play the resulting .ogm with mplayer on Unix-like systems or with any
decent player on Windows with the help of OggDS (*)

(*) use google to find them

(**) do NOT use mencoder to encode audio streams

(***) use something like that, adjust to your needs :
rm -f audiodump.pcm ; mkfifo audiodump.pcm
mplayer -quiet -vc null -aid 128 -ao pcm -nowaveheader $SOURCEFILE &
oggenc --raw --raw-rate=48000 -q 3 -o stream-fr.ogg audiodump.pcm &
wait

PS: on Windows I had much better results with .ogm files than with
.avi. With OggDS even mplayer2.exe (the original MS media player) can
switch audio streams on the fly without any problem.

--
Rémi