[MPlayer-users] 5 (easy) questions

en ne lttlstrwbrr at yahoo.de
Thu Aug 8 12:53:02 CEST 2002

Dear MPlayer team,

I have 5 questions, have read the docs and found
nothing about it...

I run the last MPlayer on a Toshiba Notebook,
Satellite
1800-750, 1GhZ, 256Mb Ram, DVD 8x, graphic card
Trident
Ali Cyberblade (8Mb).
I have a RedHat 7.3 but I don t use the 2.96 packages,
I substituted them with  all those I found in your
repositories (gcc3 etc.)

Here the questions:
1) is there a command, say -screensaver, to prevent
the screensaver to start?
2) is there a command, say -noenergysave, to prevent
the screen to go blank after 30 mins?

So far I had no problem at all with files  :-)).

DVD playback:

3) never managed to see a DVD fullscreen. If I try
mplayer -dvd 1 -fs the DVD plays, hear sound, see no
pic. -fs works ok though with files.
4) With previous versions of MPlayer there where some
DVD which played ok, other kept on "jumping" or
"skipping", I mean the image was not smooth at all.
Were these disc broken or damaged, or was it a problem

with the program?
5) Most Important! Please!!! Don't let me sitting in
Windows with WinDVD! With the last versions of MPlayer
my dvd ALWAYS skips now, or terrible A-V out of sync!
DVDs play fine under Win. What do I do? Hdparm?
Help!!

Thanks for the help and the proggie as well.
Bests,
lttl