[MPlayer-users] mencoder with lavc, mpeg4, vbitrate=1250 producing 3GB/h files

Steffen Barszus st_barszus at gmx.de
Sun Aug 11 15:41:02 CEST 2002

Am Sonntag, 11. August 2002 07:29 schrieb Brian J. Murrell:
> On Sun, Aug 11, 2002 at 12:37:42AM +0200, Horváth István wrote:
> >
> > > $ mencoder -pass 1 -ovc lavc
> > > -lavcopts vcoded=mpeg4:vbitrate=1250:vme=5:vqmin=2:vratetol=40000 -o
> > > file.avi file.mpeg

first you write this ....
> > you should add this to -lavcopts vpass=1
>
> But why should I?  The manpage for mplayer/mencoder says:
>
>                 vpass=<1/2>      select internal first pass
>                                  or second pass of
>                                  2-pass mode.
>                                  default = 0 (1-pass mode)
>
> The default looks _exactly_ like what I want.
when that ...
maybe you dont know what you want ? You don't have to use whatever
pass-options if you want do one-pass-encoding

> > (but it is in docs! so RTFM :))) )
>
> I did RTFM.  It was TFM that suggested that I DO NOT need the vpass
> lavc option!  Maybe YOU should RTFM before flaming others for not
> doing it.
maybe you should RTFM twice to catch what is written there ;o) and not flame
others if they want help ..

> b.
Bye

Steffen

Computer are like air conditioners: They stop working properly if you open
windows!