[MPlayer-users] Hardware decoders

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun Aug 11 19:05:02 CEST 2002

Hi,

> > there was some optional and expensive expansion module for some old g200/g400
> > to support dvd playback, it is not supported by mplayer (i have no such thing)
>
> Darn, that's what I was afraid of :)
> Does mplayer support any hardware decoders found on display cards ?

no
only DVB and dxr3
but they are only mpeg 1/2

> The reason I'm asking is that my system is sort of sluggish,
> - cpu amd-k6 450 Mhz + 256mb ram
> - matrox g200
> - SB live!
> running with mga_vid and oss and tweaked hdparms
> direct rendering enabled in X

LGB can play DVD on k6 450 with matrox g400 + mga_vid with no problems
and i could do the same on celeron 366 with -vo vesa with pci et6000 vga...

so your system is near to the limits, but shoul dbe enough, at least with
-framedrop.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team