[MPlayer-users] Re: Matrox boards

Vakvarju vakvarju at spektrum-3d.hu
Mon Aug 12 08:39:02 CEST 2002

Hi
I use several Matrox cards such as Matrox Millenium I, Matrox G200, Matrox G400 and Matrox G450. As princip we can agree that the latest card is the best. Question is the quantity of the physical memory on the card (more memory is better than less memory). I don't know much about G550 but each of the above cards works well.
Regarding to the freevo's hardware from freevo.sourceforge.net (400MHz CPU ?) I recommend a G400 or a G450. A friend of mine use a PII 266 with a G450 and mplayer works well.
These cards are no more very expensive so I think it's not a problem.
Matrox card is a good choice if you want to run mplayer.
Good luck
VV