[MPlayer-users] screen filled with junk

Glyn glyn.kennington at hertford.oxford.ac.uk
Tue Aug 13 16:29:01 CEST 2002

Louis-David Mitterrand wrote:
> > Try making the terminal a couple of characters wider anyway.
>
> My god, this is shocking! It works as you said. No scrolling when the
> terminal is wider.
>
> (Cameron: I stand corrected.)
>
> It would be nice though not having to resize one's terminal just to run
> mplayer.

You may want to investigate those huge % values in your output.  If all
of them were <=100 then it would easily fit into 80 characters.

If it really bothers you - if you're watching the movie rather than
debugging, and the scrolling terminal will be a distraction (as well as
a possible drain on X's CPUtime) - then just redirect all the output to
/dev/null .

Glyn

--
You know I will obey