[MPlayer-users] screen filled with junk

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Tue Aug 13 18:20:03 CEST 2002

Hi,

> > You may want to investigate those huge % values in your output.  If all
> > of them were <=100 then it would easily fit into 80 characters.
>
> Man this is isane. After checking the FAQ to see what these percentages
> mean it appears my video and audio codecs use _much_ more than 100%:
>
> A:   2.4 V:   2.3 A-V:  0.022 ct:  0.217   70/ 70  932774% 78% 1492402.7%
> 39 0 0
>
> Technically, if mplayer were right, my notebook should be melting ;-)
>
> Is that a bug or a feature?

bug... probably a memory corruption or even more possible some mmx
uninitialization breaks fpu so miscalculate %.

i remember seeing it with some early and buggy vo drivers, didn't do emms
after mmx stuff.

you should try to localize what options can be used to workaround that
(different codec, different -vo driver etc) and tell me.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team