[MPlayer-users] screen filled with junk

Glyn glyn.kennington at hertford.oxford.ac.uk
Tue Aug 13 17:21:01 CEST 2002

Louis-David Mitterrand wrote:
> > You may want to investigate those huge % values in your output.
>
> Man this is isane. After checking the FAQ to see what these percentages
> mean it appears my video and audio codecs use _much_ more than 100%:
>
> A:   2.4 V:   2.3 A-V:  0.022 ct:  0.217   70/ 70  932774% 78% 1492402.7% 39 0 0
>
> Technically, if mplayer were right, my notebook should be melting ;-)

You did mention you'd been getting `system too slow' errors... :)

> Is that a bug or a feature?

Numbers of that size sound like a bug somewhere (int size error,
dividing by zero).  Unless you can show how to replicate it, you'll have
to debug it yourself.  Shouldn't actually be that difficult, a few
printfs around the part of mplayer.c where the number is calculated will
show where the strange values are coming from.

Glyn

--
You know I will obey
So please don't make me beg