[MPlayer-users] avi I can't play with dxr3

Jeremy Brenner jeremy at theedge.net
Wed Aug 14 03:33:01 CEST 2002

I've come across an avi that I cannot play to my dxr3.  the command I
use to play all files except mpg files is
'mplayer -vo dxr3 -vop lavc -framedrop filename.avi'
this file will lock freeze mplayer after less than 5 seconds every
time.  I can output to Xv just fine.  I have MANY avi files that work
great.  I cut about 30 seconds out of this one with mencoder for public
consumption but it still locks even though I scanned into it about 30
seconds.  I also tried to scale it to 640x480 with
-vop lavc,scale=640,480 because of the odd resolution of the file, but
that didn't seem to help. thanks for your time. The file is here:

http://pi.theedge.net/test.avi

jeremy