[MPlayer-users] Small 'move to top' bug

Aurelien JACOBS aurel at gnuage.org
Wed Aug 14 16:41:02 CEST 2002

> Aurelien JACOBS writes:
>  > I found a small bug in the GUI. When switching to fullscreen
>  > the GUI appear on top of the video and we are able to switch
>  > the GUI on top or on bottom using left mouse button. But the
>  > GUI also switch on bottom automatically after the focus left
>  > the GUI window, and after this you need TWO mouse click to
>  > make it appear again...
>
> Please explain in more detail what this patch is supposed to correct.
> Some steps to reproduce might help.  I tried your patch and after
> switching to fullscreen mode I had to click twice to make the GUI
> appear and twice to make it disappear, after that it appeared and
> disappeared with a single click.  I did not have this problem before.
> I run sawfish 1.0.1-20020116 and gnome 1.4 on top of a Debian woody
> system.
>
> Diego

The bug appear in fullscreen mode. When the mouse is over the gui
and then it left the gui, the video move to top, which is normal.
But then I have to left click two times to get the gui back on top.

I use fvwm 2.4.7 on a Debian Sid. With no special config, in
fullscreen mode, the gui was always on top and they were no way
to get video on top, so I modified the configuration of the
ViDEO window in fvwm like this :
Style "ViDEO" StaysOnTop
With this config and my patch all works fine. So I think the
problem come from fvwm. If I have time one day, I will try to
look at this.

Aurelien