[MPlayer-users] Brightness and contrast stuff

xswirl xswirl at Phreaker.net
Sat Aug 17 18:42:02 CEST 2002

So I think everybody knows what I am going to ask.
Here's the question. I want to be able to change
my brightness and contrast. How? I have nVIDIA RIva TNT 16m
which I think is not vidix or mga (bla bla) compliant and I am
asking what's the big deal since I can change the brightness and contrast
stuff from the divx options coming with the divx bundle in Windows?
Can't the developers think of a way so that in svga mode users to be able
to change these features.
And one last thing. Before downloading v. 0.90 pre6 I was using
v. 0.90 pre4. I had no problems with pre4 when playing movies with higher
resolution (higher than 640x480). When using pre6 mplayer tells that my
machine is too slow or my cpu or ... bullshit. I watch these movies in
great quality with windows players and previous mplayer version and I
didn't have problems like slowing the movie or so...
My machine is on 400MHz Pentium II with 64mb ram and before pre6 I had "NO"
problems. Are further mplayer versions going to be "eating" more MHz and
ram???'Cause I don't think that users would appreciate it. Especially ones like
me who doesn't have enough money for new equipment. Don't take me wrong I
like mplayer a lot. And I stand behind the statement that "It's the best",
but ...
Thank you for your help (users and developers) in advance and I hope that
the things said in here at least will be read and considered.
Wish a lot of success to the developers!