[MPlayer-users] Brightness and contrast stuff

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Sun Aug 18 01:28:02 CEST 2002

Hi

On Saturday 17 August 2002 16:28, xswirl wrote:
[...]
> And one last thing. Before downloading v. 0.90 pre6 I was using
> v. 0.90 pre4. I had no problems with pre4 when playing movies with higher
> resolution (higher than 640x480). When using pre6 mplayer tells that my
> machine is too slow or my cpu or ... bullshit. I watch these movies in
> great quality with windows players and previous mplayer version and I
> didn't have problems like slowing the movie or so...
> My machine is on 400MHz Pentium II with 64mb ram and before pre6 I had "NO"
> problems. Are further mplayer versions going to be "eating" more MHz and
> ram???'Cause I don't think that users would appreciate it. Especially ones
no, mplayer gets faster with each version, but sometimes there are bugs which
cause some slowdown, but if something like this happens than some smart user
will send us a complete bugreport (compiler ver, config.h, config.mak,
mplayer -v output, mplayer -benchmark output, info about the used video &
audio codec, cpu, ...) for BOTH the fast & slow versions.
some users might even download several cvs snapshots and tell us exactly when
the slowdown was introduced, with all this it is possible to fix such bugs as
we then know where to look, sadly there are allso users who dont give us any
information which could be used to track down the problem, in such a case we
can only guess, and this allmost never works

lets see: (-vo xv -vc ffdivx)
current CVS:
BENCHMARKs: VC:   5.066s VO:   2.161s A:   0.000s Sys:   0.445s =    7.672s

0.90pre4
BENCHMARKs: VC:   5.622s VO:   2.223s A:   0.000s Sys:   0.435s =    8.280s

so as u can see its faster for us :)
[...]

Michael