[MPlayer-users] Building .avi file (divx) containing 2 soundtracks - using frameno.avi

Al alp00 at udcast.com
Mon Aug 19 09:03:01 CEST 2002

Hello

I'm trying to build some divx files from dvds. I'd like them to contain
2 soundtrack (original version + one translation).

- Does somebody know how to do this with mencoder ? Does the .avi file
format enable this fonctionnality ?

- If the .avi file format is not able to do this, a workaround could be
to use one more frameno.avi file. I tryed this but didn't succeed as I'd
like.
I build my divx file (movie.avi) with the first soundtrack (3 pass
encoding). I run one more pass to built another frameno.avi file
containing another language.

 mplayer movie.avi   runs OK (video + sound)
 mplayer frameno.avi runs OK (alternative sound only)

Now I'd like to use something like :
 mplayer movie.avi -audiofile frameno.avi
but got no sound. For sure the manual says that the -audiofile is for
.mp3, wav or ogg), but is there a trick to play another soundtrack ?

I thought of using -dumpaudio, then reencoding the lame, but this seems
not a really smart solution (I fear some A/V drift). As frameno.avi
seems to contain all the A/V information, it seems the best candidate·

Any idea ?

Thanks in advance.