[MPlayer-users] Chapter restarts subtitles

Radoslaw Marcinkowski radek at cbk.waw.pl
Mon Aug 19 14:37:02 CEST 2002

Hi,

I have got MPlayer-0.90pre6 on my Linux (2.4.19) and I have problem.
I have no experience with DVD - I've got DVD-ROM for 2 weeks.

  I tried to play my DVD ("Pulp Fiction" - American version)
with Polish subtitles.
After downloading pulp_fiction-pl.txt from the Net I  run MPlayer:
  mplayer -dvd 1
          -sub ~/pulp_fiction-pl.txt
          -font iso-8859-2/arial-24/font.desc
          -vo xv
Everything is OK, but after EACH chapter (I have got 28 chapters on DVD)
subtitles restart from the begining - It means that I can see only
a few FIRST minutes of subtitles, then (on the begining of new chapter)
THE SAME few mintes of subtitles, etc. I can "detect" begining of
chapter by looking on mplayer AUDIO/VIDEO counters, which are "zeroed".
  My subtitles file is probably in microDVD fromat because I see
following line in mplayer output:
   SUB: Detected subtitle file format: microdvd

My subtitles file looks like:
{123}{234} Mplayer is THE BEST!
{345}{456} Linux too!!! :)

What to do?