[MPlayer-users] Chapter restarts subtitles

Christof Buergi christof at buergi.lugs.ch
Fri Aug 23 20:45:01 CEST 2002

Am Montag, 19. August 2002 14.16 schrieb Radoslaw Marcinkowski:
> Everything is OK, but after EACH chapter (I have got 28 chapters on
> DVD) subtitles restart from the begining

That's bad. Looks like the timestamps in the MPEG stream restart at
chapter borders. Since those timestamps are the only somewhat usable
thing to time the subtitels, mplayer relies on them and, thus, stumbles
when they restart.

No easy fix here, sorry. Last time I had such a DVD, I watched it
chapterwise, and used -subdelay to tell mplayer not to play the
subtitels from the beginnig.

Now, that's clearly not ideal. Better ideas anyone?

--
                     _ ___      http://www.p2501.ch/             / \
|/  /\   /\   /\  | \   |  |    christof at buergi.lugs.ch          \ /
|\ /--\ /  \ /  \ | /_  |  |    I'm breaking for DAUs, too!       x
                                Say NO to HTML in mail and news  / \