[MPlayer-users] Starting Mplayer when X is started.

GS HUNT ghunt at cogeco.ca
Tue Aug 20 01:10:02 CEST 2002

Joseph Wright wrote:

>[Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html]
>I am trying to launch mplayer through my .xinitric file so it will start
>playing when X is launched.  I can invoke mplayer manually and
>everything works great but if I try to have .xinitric launch it I
>receive the message,
>
>"MPlayer interrupted by signal 1 in module: unknown"
>- Mplayer crashed. This shouldn't happed, It can be a bug in th
>emplayer code_or_ in your drivers _or_ in your gcc version.
>
>I am not sure if this is mplayer or not. (probably not)
>
>I am launching mplayer with -vo x11
>
>I am running FreeBSD 4.6.2 with a NVIDIA MX 420 and the nvidia
>drivers.
>XFree Version is 4.2.0
>
>thanks

Hmm... I tried it on my linux box 3dfx voodoo3 . Xfree86 4.2 Mandrake
8.2 and it worked fine. The movie plays and then it continues to boot up
whatever (in this case KDE) window management system i've selected.

Maybe there's something that gets executed or needs to be executed
before/after you start mplayer..in your xinitrc file?

The only difference is that I put it in my Xsession file which is
executed by xintrc file.

Maybe there's something that gets executed or needs to be executed
before/after you start mplayer..

Gary