[MPlayer-users] Re: Problems w/ AC3 pass-through on SB Live!

joy ping joy at pingfm.org
Tue Aug 20 19:22:10 CEST 2002

On Tue, Aug 20, 2002 at 12:32:56PM -0400, Jed Liu wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Aug 2002, joy ping wrote:
>
> Yeah, I've already tried `amixer sset 'IEC958 Optical Raw' on` and I've
> used alsamixer to unmute 'IEC958 Optical Raw'.  Neither seem to work -- I
> just get silence.  I've looked at the settings while ac3dec is running and
> it seems like the two changes it makes is to unmute the "IEC958 Optical
> Raw" and the "SB Live Analog/Digital Output Jack" channels.  I've done the
> same manually in alsamixer, but when I start mplayer with "-ac hwac3 -ao
> alsa9:iec958", I just get the same behaviour as before.

try -ac hwac3 -ao alsa9:hw:0,3. it must be the same as 'iec958' but
maybe 'iec958' sets some defaults, although it was reported to
work. at least the combination of '-ao alsa9:hw:0,3' and manually
setting 'IEC958 Optical Raw' is veryfied to work with mplayer, SBlive
5.1, and i guess alsa9rc2?. maybe there is a change in current
alsa-cvs? sorry, can't verify that.

--
regards

____-